Adding and streaming more than one audio channel with a multic channel USB interface using the OV BOX

TASK: Adding and streaming more than one audio channel with a multic channel USB interface using the OV BOX
SETUP: Scarlet 8i6 3rd gen (eight in / six out) at Rasberry Pi (OV BOX)
SOLUTION:
Modify your soundcard settings with your internet browser on box.orlandoviols.com
„Show device settings“
„Audio device settings“
IGNORE - select preset please
„Add channel“ - „system:capture_1“ is refering to the first input channel of your USB interface
„Add channel“ - „system:capture_2“ is refering to the second input channel of your USB interface
„Add channel“ - „system:capture_3“ is refering to the third input channel of your USB interface
„Add channel“ „n“ times for adding further („n“) input channel of your USB interface

https://chat.digital-stage.org/lead/pl/94pugg697pgjtc8nwumkewgjdw (German only)

1 „Gefällt mir“

This is correct, however, I would like to add:

• if all channels are located at the same position, then it is more efficient to transmit only a down-mixed channel
  • to transmit a down-mixed channel, you may use a regular expression as a port name, e.g. „system:capture_[123]“ to transmit the first three channels, or „system:capture_(1|4|11)“ to transmit channels 1, 4 and 11.
1 „Gefällt mir“

i will try this with an Behringer UMC1820 …

This is for more than two channels, since in the pull-down you see the variants for first and second channel.

The fields for x, y and z position are meant to create the spatialization of your setup. For example, if you are using a stereo amp output and a microphone for vocals, you may position your vocals channel close to your headphone, and the two amp channels shifted to the left and right:

mic: x = 0, y = 0, z = 0 (or use preset for vocals)
amp left: x = 0 y = -0.7 z = -0.5
amp right: x = 0 y = 0.7 z = -0.5

This will put the amp to the left and right side and half a meter below your head.

I got the Behringer UMC1820 … now , I´m ready for 16ch on the Ov Box

Anyone ?